Ice Cream Sandwiches

Here in my neighborhood I have found in bodega freezers no farther than 50 paces from my door little ice cream sandwiches. I havent tried to get all metric and measure just yet, but I'd say they are about 70% the size of regular PET. So, they sell them there for a quarter. Holy catfish that is devine. yeah I know Nana, they were 2 for a haypenny in your day at grandmother Jackson's store, but Gepetto was a child molester too, so lets factor in the value of oil over the gold standard you Britton-Woods goon. This is a good deal, and if you are ever in the neighborhood I will be happy to find 5 dimes and we shall have a nice treat, even in a drafty apartment in wintertime.

shew, anyways I do love this, I spent 3 dollars in the last week on these sandwiches. also I like the 23.5oz Green teas at the same spot.

Dear readers I need shorter suggestions on what to call these tatsy treats?
any thing you got send them in...

ICSs
frozen oreo
best food ever ...........mad wack ,kjhfshgasjkhgdf i need something better


2/3/05
Nothing special. Vanilla ice cream and chocalate cake bread. Wrapped in paper this little delicacy is exactly what the doctor orders from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
What makes an ice cream sandwich so good? Ok, the to compounds (vanilla ice cream and chocalate cake bread) are natural complements. They are classics in the annals of deserts tastes. I mean one can buy that up-scale Briar's Vienetta stuff but really is it not just a bunch of ICSs ground up and shaped in a fashionable way then boxed at $5? Even the classic Oreo Cookie Blizzard from Dairy Queen is a derivative of this classic combonation.
But what makes the ice cream sandwich good and perhaps even a staple of human decency is that it is pure. Racial Harmony. The proper union of soft and firm. It is without question Western Civilizations answer to the Yin-Yang. Industrialized goodness. Manufactured nicity. All the things that make "us" better than "them".

And how great is it when you are eating one and that cookie get stuck on the tip of your finger, and as you take the last bite, your tips are covered in the little cookie part that conjealed to the fingers you had been holding the sandwich with.

This only applies to the Ice Cream sandwich as well. The non-frozen cousin of the ICS is [Little Debbie's] Oatmeal Cream Pies. No such conjealing takes place between the fingers. But, the write would be less that honest not to acknowledge that kinship between the OCP and ICS. Other than the temperature and shape the two products of the preservative American culture are quite similar. America's rabid consumerism has always accomodated the copy-cat nature of most affluent productions. This remains true despite the "oattieness" of the OCP and the "chocolacity" of the ICS.

1 comment:

Emily Gray said...

why didn't we get these on labor day??? i asked for ice cream, did I not? if I had partaken I might be qualified to bless it with a name. Otherwise, I can only guess, based on your description that it could be lovingly referred to as "the peace treat-y"
sounds like a righteously sweet deal to me.